Friday, March 14, 2014

Home Depot

So about a month ago I decided to use Home Depot to special order Alder plywood for the cabinet door panels. I placed an order for two 4'x8' sheets of 1/4" Alder MDF Core A-grade Book Matched plywood.  
   
Columbia Forest Products supplies HD and we checked ahead of time for pricing.   Should be easy... NOT!
So I finally get the call that the plywood is in.  Brandon and I went to pick it up after flag football practice on Thursday night.

Both sheets are damaged as well as the 3/8 protecting sheet on the bottom!   Dammit!   Of course nobody knows what happened but it takes a pretty good amount of pressure to rip through over 3/4 inch thick plywood.

On top of that, it is not even what I ordered!  I ordered book matched veneer.  You can see it right on the tag.   Right under the words "Book Matched" it shows that they shipped "Random Matched"

HD gave me back the cost of one sheet, and assured me someone would find out what happened and call me the next day.

Did I get a call....of course not.

I really need to get started on the doors so I decided to go ahead and make the best of the situation and take the damaged plywood.  I am still going to try to get at least one sheet of book matched Alder.

No comments:

Post a Comment