Friday, February 21, 2014

The Hardwood Store of N.C.


After lots of searching and research, I found The Hardwood Store of N.C. that had a good stock of Alder.   The drawback is that shipping has a $112 minimum freight charge.   I have decided to build the drawer boxes myself instead or ordering online to increase the board footage that I need.   I also will need wood  for the island that is coming after cabinets.
I also found out that  The Hardwood Store also had just the right Alder crown molding that we will need for the cabinets.  This will save me from having to try to route my own.

336-449-9627
info@hardwoodstore.com
Cheryl Lewis <cheryl@hardwoodstore.com>

So I placed an email ordered for 100  board feet (RGH) of Superior Red Alder @$3.25 per bd. ft. and 25 ft of 3inch crown molding. 

With the shipping the Alder works out to about $4.50/bd. ft. which is the same price I would have gotten at the lumber yard, plus I have the molding now.     Should ship Monday I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment